What were the client’s needs?
- One of the leading banks in Nigeria required an objective and data-driven process to promote some managers to senior manager positions.
- They wanted an approach that would not only be fair, but would be seen to be fair by all involved in the process.
How Did We Meet Them?
- Based on our understanding of the organisation’s needs, we proposed the use of assessment centres as a key input into the decision making process.
- Aligning with the organisation’s leadership and functional competencies, we developed and deployed assessment centre tools.
- We also used a multi-rater (360 degree) feedback tool to provide input for defining Individual Development Plans (IDPs) for each Manager.
What Was the Impact?
- The organisation was able to promote managers using objective methods that were aligned to competencies required for success at the new level.
- Interventions were then designed that would aid the Managers’ career development and promotion readiness for the future.