Critical Thinking for Executives: Approaches to Decision Making and Problem Solving
THURSDAY – FRIDAY
FEBRUARY 21st-22nd, 2019
THE ZONE CENTER
Effective decision makers are those individuals who are able to consistently identify and choose the best option among multiple alternatives. Their decisions are imaginative, reasoned, and defensible. You will be unable to effectively do business unless the people who work for you — from senior executives to frontline employees — can solve problems, make good decisions and use sound judgement. Yet, most organisations do little to help their people develop the foundation for these skills—the ability to think critically.
Applying the techniques of critical thinking allows you to solve complex problems and understand the inputs and implications of your thought processes. This programme will develop your skills as a critical thinker and problem solver and help you recognise and leverage your thinking preference, as well as those of your team to find different solutions to everyday problems.
This programme is carefully tailored to provide the necessary tools and job aids for inventive, logical decision-making. You’ll explore a structured way to approach and address problems as well as clarify problems in terms of objectives and issues with a view towards optimum outcomes.
Please see all programme outline listed as follows:
- Critical Thinking process, Skills and Tools
- Overcoming Barriers to Critical Thinking
- The Creative Problem Solving Mindset
- Defining Problem Solving Models & Fundamental Issues
- Understanding Problem Diagnosis, Definition & Framing
- Approaches to Creative Decision Making
- People and Context in Decision Making
Who should attend
At the end of this programme, participants will be fully equipped to:
- Tackle everyday business challenges, critically analyse problems and generate breakthrough solutions to the toughest organisational issues
- Apply new critical thinking approaches and overcome barriers to strategic problem solving
- Understand the step-by-step process for diagnosing business issues, generating options and implementing innovative solutions.
- Establish relevant criteria and standards for acceptable solutions as well as predict implications and consequences of the decision making process
- Construct well-reasoned solutions/conclusions supported with facts
- Become more effective in analysis, communication and leadership
REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE
- Once we receive your form, we will send you an invoice containing the payment instruction.
- Please note that filling this registration form does not automatically guarantee a seat for the training until you make a minimum of 50% payment at least 2 weeks to the commencement of the training.
Your Professional Details